Saturday, June 4, 2011

Novena to the Holy Spirit


Day One
The Fruit of the Spirit is Love.

Scripture
"...but I say to you, love your enemies,
and pray for those who persecute you.” (Mt 5:43)


Missionary Cenacle Meditations
During this novena I call your attention to the Fruit of the Holy Spirit, charity. Charity is the love of God, the love of our neighbor. The love of God demands us to do much for Him. How ardently I pray the Holy Spirit to infuse more into us the love of God. Pray often that you may have an abundance of this Fruit of holy Charity. Truly loving God you will surely love your neighbor. God’s love will make the burdens of life easy to bear. (p. 157)

For reflection
In baptism, I received the Holy Spirit. The fruit of the Spirit is already mine. When in my life have I felt charity or compassion for someone who hurt or angered me?

No comments:

Post a Comment